Employers require reliable information about their staff and prospective employees
To make meaningful decisions about suitable roles and responsibilities for your workforce, our physiotherapists conduct prescreening and Functional Capacity Assessments (Evaluations) to gain a deeper understanding of your new and prospective employees health status, skill, motivation and physical factors.
In the case of preventing work injuries this is also a very useful tool. We look at a potential worker’s musculoskeletal capabilities in isolation as well as in functional activity, to help determine if they are either a potential risk or if they are able to achieve certain work-specific physical criteria.
We can also use the AxIT system, a cutting edge muscle monitoring tool. This technology allows us to measure and assess in real time the capacity of your workers and gain a good idea of their physical and functional strengths.
By understanding whether a specific person will be a good fit for your specific job requirements you can better understand what to expect from your employee.
In the case of a rehabilitation from injury, the same principle applies regarding to ensuring an employee has the ability to return to work.
They may be used to determine:
- Goals for rehabilitation or readiness for discharge planning
- Ability to safely return to work status (including full duty, modified duty, or transitional duty)
- Work ability status for vocational rehabilitation
- Workers’ compensation case settlement
- Disability status
- Ability to meet job demands as part of a hiring process (pre-work/post-offer employment testing)
- Ability to meet the demands of other activities (i.e., being a student, volunteering)
Our premises comprise of a dedicated rehabilitation area that is especially equipped to perform the Prescreening and Functional Capacity Assessments of an employee to determine their work capacity.
Before you make your next hire, consider conducting a Prescreening and Functional Capacity Assessments (Evaluations) to make sure you have the right fit for the job.
Book your next appointment today